Day 1 Results
Gordon Stakes 2009 Result
- 1st Harbinger - Sir M Stoute - R Moore - 11/4F
- 2nd Firebet - R Fahey - P Hanagan - 3/1
- 3rd Urban Poet - M Johnston - G Fairley - 6/1
Harbinger set off as favourite and did not disappoint as he hit the front with a couple of furlongs left and never looked back. Harbinger stayed really well as did Firebet and Urban Poet but both were outclassed by the winner.
Betfair Cup 2009 Result
- 1st Finjaan - M Tregoning - T O Shea - 5/1
- 2nd Balthazaar's Gift - C Cox - A Kirby - 25/1
- 3rd Regal Parade - D Nicholls - A Nicholls - 16/1
The two favourites JJ The Jet Plane and Main aim hit the front close to home but both faded badly as Finjaan finished like a steam train to take the win. Balthazaar's Gift ran well to claim 2nd ahead of Regal Parade.
Betfair Molcomb Stakes 2009 Result
- 1st Monsieur Chavalier - R Hannon - R Hughes - 10/11F
- 2nd Mister Manannan - D Nicholls - A Nicholls - 8/1
- 3rd Archers Road - M Channon - R Moore - 8/1
Monsieur Chavalier went off as warm favourite and as expected he sat at the back before weaving his way through the field in the last furlong to win in excellent style. Mister Manannan ran well to claim 2nd ahead of Archers Road who also stayed well.
Summer Stakes 2009 Result
- 1st Manyriverstocross - a King - R Moore - 5/1F
- 2nd Precision Break - P Cole - M Dwyer - 20/1
- 3rd Drill Sergeant - M Johnston - N Callan - 14/1
Quai d Orsay and Drill Sergeant took up the running on the home straight and they looked to be fighting it out between them. Manyriverstocross and Precision Break finished like trains with Ryan Moore riding brilliantly on board Manyriverstocross to take the win.
Selsey Maiden Stakes 2009 Result
- 1st Lowdown - M Johnston - G Fairley - 2/1F
- 2nd Red Badge - R Hannon - R Hughes - 6/1
- 3rd George Benjamin - D Nicholls - A Nicholls - 13/2
Lowdown set off in the lead alongside the rail and he never looked back as he sprinted clear of the field. Only Red Badge responded and George Benjamin hung on for a good 3rd place.